There are so many types of cleanses that can be done to the body and every good thing has its own downside. Some of the different cleanse include colon, liver, detox, blueprint, Isagenix among others.
Adverse Symptoms Of Cleansing
The following symptoms are very common at the beginning of a cleanse.
- Itchy skin
- Body odor
- Sleep difficulties
- Bad breath
These symptoms may occur for a number of reasons.
- Eliminating food allergies and unhealthy diet causes reactions similar to withdrawal from caffeine and alcohol.
- The toxins built in the digestive system can cause illness if we don’t eliminate them.
Curbing Adverse Symptoms
It is more difficult for people who are addicted to caffeine nicotine and alcohol to adjust to the program. Some measurements prior that will help include;
- Drinking at least 6-8 glasses of filtered water daily to prevent headaches.
- Fatigue is normal during cleansing, this means that it’s important to take time to rest and sleep.
- In order to boost energy, exercising is paramount. Taking 30 minutes to engage in physical activity is helpful. You could opt to walk or take a short run.
- You should eat protein-rich meals, vitamins and snack every now and then throughout the day. The top sources of protein are baked or boiled fish, lean poultry and legumes.
- Heat is another great way of cleansing as it aids in drawing out the toxins. Going for a sauna or a warm bath with addition of Epsom salts for 30 minutes a few times per week does the trick.
- Keep a journal and track your body symptoms.
Even being safe, a cleanse such as 3-day detox cleanse can still be stressful on the body as it alters the bodies mechanism within a short period of time. Thus the mind needs to relax. Engaging in meditation, yoga, deep breathing or any calming activity is good as it relaxes your nerves.
It is essential to eliminate all refined sugars, flours, caffeine, alcohol, dairy and any other addictive substance from your diet. Allowing certain substances to stay in the diet, puts the body in the constant cycle of cravings and addictive behaviour.
A cleanse is a great journey to learn more about your body and understanding how to go about handling your body. Taking care of your body is a rewarding process and your health will thank you.