While it is true that your dentist will ensure that your children’s teeth are healthy and clean as they grow, only an orthodontist will help you to straighten and align them as they make way for permanent set. An orthodontist is specialized dentist that is trained to help your child get rid of those irregular and misaligned teeth and to improve their smile! Orthodontic screening at clinique d’orthodontistes Godin is therefore very important for children at early age.
Reasons why your child needs Orthodontic screening
You must have heard a million times that treating even a minor problem at an early stage can help to avoid any big issues later on. In the same way, orthodontic screening at an early age can avoid many dental issues in the long run.
Many researches and studies have shown that children who have gone for orthodontic screening at early age of around 7 have more healthy teeth than others. They didn’t have to face any gaps between teeth, teeth in abnormal position, protruding front teeth, etc. The following are some of the red flags that indicate that your child too is a candidate for immediate orthodontic care.
- Thumb sucking
- Delayed or premature loss of the baby teeth
- Mouth breathing
- Difficulty in biting and chewing
- Protruding teeth
- Jaws that are way too back or forward
- Misplaced, blocked-out, or crowded teeth
- Upper and lower teeth meeting in an abnormal way
- Biting roof of mouth or cheek
- Unbalanced facial appearance. It might be possible that lower jaw is large or very small and even appears out of proportion to rest of face
Benefits of opting for orthodontic treatment for your child
- Helps to achieve growth of jaw in positive way
- Improves overall oral heath by correcting bad oral habits
- Tones width of the dental arch
- Improved speech and eradicates every kind of speech issues
- Reduces pain of the protruded upper incisors
- Preserves space for the erupting permanent teeth
- Leads to proper eruption pattern if there are permanent teeth
- Very less chances of the impacted permanent teeth
- Dental whitening gel that is made up of high viscous formula
Choose an orthodontist that can properly communicate about your children’s specific problems. Make sure they have proper experience and have undergone sufficient training to ensure getting the best results for your child!